Powerdynamo CDI Ignition and Charging System for the Yamaha RD250/350/400,R5, and DS7
(note: Powerdynamo was previously called MZB)
- Replaces the stock generator, points, condenser, coils and regulator found on the RD, R5 and DS7.
- This system includes a lightweight cnc machined one piece external magnetic rotor and powerful stator, CDI ignition and HT coil pack, regulator, plug wires and caps, misc hardware and installation instructions. (note: all new systems purchased include the updated rotor)
- This is the same type of ignition you would find on any modern motorcycle and gives you a high voltage spark and strong electrical output for lighting and charging. This is a maintenance free system, you will never need to check your timing or replace / adjust any parts as you would with contact points and condensers.
- In addition to the written installation instructions and wiring diagrams included with the system, technical support is available from Economy Cycle and Powerdynamo via phone, email, and website support.
- 24 Month Manufacturer’s Warranty.
- 35,000 Volt HT Ignition Coils
- Electrical output at 150W/12V allows you to run high wattage lights, halogen bulbs, and any accessories you like. Your horn, signals and headlight will be strong and bright even at idle.
- No changes, modifications or machining needed to install this system
- This system does not require a keyway / woodruff key and allows you to run the static timing of your choice. (typically RD’s and similar bikes run in the range of 1.8-2.2 BTDC).
- The system is capable of running without a battery.
- Very stable ignition with high energy spark for better starting and fuel efficiency
- Increases engine performance and lowers emissions
- Wasted spark system ensures easy starting
- This system is manufactured to exacting standards and all components and machining are top notch and of the highest quality. Just what you would expect from a German company.
- Manufactured by Powerdynamo, imported from Germany by Economy Cycle – an authorized US distributor.
- You will need a basic understanding of motorcycle electrical systems and basic mechanical knowledge to install the system, or you can have your own mechanic or local bike shop perform the installation. Economy Cycle can also install this system on your bike or motor.
- The system typically takes 3-4 hours to install.
- Note: requires puller tool – available here on the website in the Powerdynamo replacement parts category.
- We recommend the hardware upgrade kit for this system – available here on the website in the Powerdynamo replacement parts category
- We also recommend a new generator wire grommet with this kit as the stock one will not be reuseable, avaiable here on the site
- Kit includes a relay to allow you to use your stock ignition switch
- Some notes on keyway cutting and woodruff keys: Keeways and woodruff keys are not intended to keep the rotor drum from slipping and absorbing a shear load. They are designed to index timing, and once a keeway is cut and woodruff key installed, your timing is permanently fixed and cannot be changed, we don’t recommend this modification for these reasons.
- Requires no battery or lead acid / MF type battery only.
You can combine this Powerdynamo CDI system with a fully programmable Ignition Controller from Zeeltronic to enable a dynamic timing curve and rev limiter. These components are offered here on the website in the Zeeltronic programmable ignition controller category. This programmable system is offered exclusively by Economy Cycle.