Cylinder Powder Coating (per cylinder). Service includes media blasting of cylinders and high temperature powder coating in satin black to match original factory finish. Edge of cylinder fins can be left natural or powder coated. We can powder coat your cylinders in any color. High temperature powder coating will not cause any heating issues with your cylinders. Tests have shown temperature differentiation of less then 10 degrees with powder coating vs standard paint and has been used by many manufacturers for years. Powder coating is very durable, resists chipping, scratching, and fading. We can also powder coat heads and other parts, please contact us for a quote.
Economy Cycle offers restoration paint for your RD or vintage motorcycle. The following is included in our restoration paint services.
- Paint stripping, Repair of minor dents, Paint Prep
- Fuel tank sealing - your tank will be sealed with a 2 part epoxy, no more concerns about rust or debris in fuel system
- Paint - painting of fuel tank, side covers and headlight brackets. Although original paint has been discontinued by Yamaha and other manufacturers for many vintage bikes, we can correctly match the original paint color of your motorcycle or you can choose your own optional color/decals. We recommend and include a clear coat over the decals to protect them.
- Decals - correct reproduction decals for your year and make or optional custom decals of your choice
- Note: Original paint and decals are no longer available for many vintage bikes and painting techniques have changed over the years so an exact 100% match is no longer possible. However, we very closely match the original manufacturers paint to the extent possible with the goal being the correct color for your year and model. We strive to make it an exact match and many of our bikes with restoration paint have one awards at vintage bikes shows while competing against original examples.
- Note: If your bodywork has extensive dents, damage or rust, additional costs may be required. Upon receiving your bodywork, we will inspect it to ensure it can be properly restored with our restoration paint service and will provide you with a complete detailed estimate of any additional costs.
- Restoration paint service takes approximately 4 weeks to complete. This varies depending on work load and season.
- You can add this service to your cart and then ship us your bodywork or we can bill you manually after receiving your bodywork.
- Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this service.
- Return shipping charges for completed bodywork is $75 and will be shipped insured with tracking. This cost will be added at checkout or with manual billing.
Ultra Sonic Carburetor Cleaning - Ultra Sonic cleaning is the most effective way to have your carbs cleaned. The carb bodies are immersed in a non-corrosive heated solution and treated with 40KHz sound pressure waves that clean 100% of all inner and outer surfaces and carb passages. This cleaning far exceeds normal carb cleaning with carb cleaner and wires which simply can't remove all the debris and residue as effectively an Ultra Sonic washer can becuase it cleans 100% of all surfaces. An ultrasonic cleaner works by the energy released from the collapse of millions of microscopic cavitations near the dirty surface. The bubbles made by cavitation collapse forming tiny jets directed at the surface removing varnish, debris, rust and other pollutants. Ultra sonic cleaning is also used for cleaning optic lenses, jewlery, watches, dental/surgical instruments, diving regulators and industrial parts, etc. Note: This price is for the cleaning itself and does not include labor for dis-assembly and rebuilding the carbs. Simply send us your carbs stripped down to the body or send us the carbs right off the bike and we will strip and rebuild them for you. If you choose to send in the entire carbs right off the bike, we will contact you after we receive the carbs with a complete estimate. Prices for dis-assembly and rebuild vary by carb type and the condition of the carbs. For example, a complete dis-assembly and ultrasonic cleaning of RD350/400 carbs x2 (non-Daytona) typically runs $75 per carb + parts. Price does not include return shipping. If you have any questions about this service or costs please feel free to contact us at 224-430-7971.
Yamaha RD Brake Caliper Modification Service. Modification of standard Yamaha RD front caliper to accept standard banjo bolt instead of hard line. We offer this service for existing calipers or our reproduction calipers offered here on the website. This modification includes removal of the stock banjo bolt flange and refacing of the banjo bolt mountnig surface.
Crankshaft rebuilding service RD/R5. Complete dis-assembly of crankshaft and rebuild includes the following: Note: This service inclueds all parts and labor to completely rebuild your crankshaft, trued to factory specifiactions or greater, ready to install.
- Crankshaft dis-assembly
- Cleaned, measured and bead blasted
- New ProX rods
- New Bearings - inner, outer (Yamaha OEM bearings)
- New Small end, Big end bearings (ProX) - optional upgraded bearings available
- New Thrust Washers
- New Pins
- Re-assembly and truing to factory specifications or better
- We offer a few options on this service - New labrynth seal (normally does not need replacing), welding crank pins, upgraded bearings.
- Rebuilding time is approximately 2-3 weeks depending on our work load in the shop.