Yamaha RD350/250 RD400 R5 – Billet Fork Caps with Preload Adjusters
Fitment: 1976-78 RD400, 1973-75 RD350, 1971-72 R5 (does not fit 1979 RD400 Daytona)
Also fits 77-78 DT250/DT400, 73 TX650
- These replace your stock fork caps. No modification necessary and allow you to tune your suspension with 20mm+ of adjustment
- Billet Fork Caps – Natural aluminum finish
- Allows quick and easy preload adjustment without removing caps and adding spacers. A simple turn of the adjuster up/down is all that’s needed
- Includes 2 caps, o-rings, spring discs and instructions
- Adjusters have graduated lines on the stems for easy reference
- Sold in Pairs
- Made in the USA
The common misconception with pre load adjusters is that they increase spring tension. What they really do is allow you to adjust sag correctly. With all the suspension mods happening with these bikes it’s easy to end up with the wrong sag. Even with the correct spring rate for your weight, you can’t always get the optimal sag without opening up the forks and adding spacers or cutting springs. These give you about 20mm of adjustment, which when combined with the proper spring rate, will allow you to set sag perfectly and adjust it for your weight and riding style.
There are no reviews yet.